Prepared by Kelsey Anne Marie
I’ve been on a healthier Mediterranean cooking kick, so this is a good combo of both. Different than recipe, I served on riced cauliflower with sides of hummus and pita bread wedges.
1/4 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces
1 cup red onion, cut unto 1” chunks
2T olive oil
1/2t dried thyme
1-12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped into 1” pieces
½ lb. Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
Pita bread cut into wedges.
- Line baking sheet with foil and adjust oven rack under the broiler. Preheat broiler.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, onion, oil, thyme, S&P (to taste) and sprouts.
- Spread chicken mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place under the broiler and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the red peppers. Return to oven and broil for 5-10 minutes longer until chicken, onion and sprouts are beginning to char on the edges. Remove from oven.
Garlic Lemony Hummus:
1-15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 medium lemon, zested
2 medium lemons, juiced
1/4 cup Tahini
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process for 60 seconds, stopping to scrape the sides. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add water (to hummus in food processor) to adjust consistency.
- Scrape the hummus into an airtight container and store for up to 7 days.
To serve: Spread hummus on a large serving dish, top with chicken mixture, and squeeze remaining lemon on top to taste. Serve with pita wedges.